Types of bird cages
The first thing that you need to consider while purchasing a pet bird is a place for the bird to stay. Ideally, you should keep the bird in the cage itself. For keeping the bird as a pet you should have a bird cage. There are so many bird cages available in the market of different sizes and shapes and you have to select the cage for the bird according to your need. While buying a cage for birds one should consider certain aspects of bird caging. The caging requirements of birds vary from one species to another.
Certain aspects that one should consider while buying pet bird cages are:
- Length of the cage: The cage should have a good length as all birds prefer to stay in large cages. It is significant for one to provide spacious and tall cages to birds as birds like to fly from one side of the cage to the other.
- Cages are available in different types of materials but one of the best materials with which one can go is stainless steel. One can also have powder coated metal cage. One should prefer cages that are made up of metals to cages made up of plastics as the cages that are made up of metal are easier to clean compared to the cages that are made up of plastic.
- One should also consider the spacing of the bars while purchasing bird cages. The large-sized birds prefer cages that are huge and that have wide-gaped bars. Whereas small size birds require large-sized cages as well because of their behavioral nature of flying from one end of the cage to the other. However, the bar spacing for small birds should be very small.
- The cage you choose for your bird should have wide doors and easy sliding trays at the bottom.
Types of bird cages
- Breeding Cages: This type of bird cage is designed for two birds that are attached but partitioned by a thin panel. One should remove the panel during the breeding period to facilitate the mating process in birds.
- Dome top Cages: This type of bird cage allows the birds to fly freely. This is the most spacious birdcage.
- Parrot Perches: These types of the bird cage is usually for large-sized birds. Parrot perches can be made from different materials like – wood, rope, concrete, etc.
- Flight Bird Cages: This type of bird cage provides enough space for birds to exercise freely this will allow the bird to enjoy a full flight. The type of cage is ideal for community bird breeds.
These are the common types of bird cages. Many other types of bird cages are – single bird cages, play top bird cages, and travel bird cages. One should consider the size of the cage before purchasing it so that bird can fit in comfortably. It is significant for one to clean the bird cage regularly.
See more: feeders for birds