Convulsions may be caused by poisoning, head injury, infection, vitamin B deficiency, and low blood calcium or sugar levels.
- One or more signs may be exhibited:
- Shaking, twitching.
- Lying on the side, paddling with legs and fluttering wings. Violent floundering.
- Confine the bird in a padded box and place it in a quiet, secluded area with an air temperature of approximately 30°C (86°F).
- If the bird is confined to a cage, lower the perches and remove any toys and the water container.
- If the bird is unable to perch, cover the floor with. Shredded newspaper.
- Contact your veterinarian.
See more: Bird Dehydration